Translate

Monday, May 23, 2016

Demon With A Comb-Over by Stuart R. West [4 stars]

 

 
From the Description
 
Talk about a tough crowd.
 
Take Charlie Broadmoor’s life. Please. Charlie sucks at stand-up comedy. He gets by, though. Things are okay. His life is decent. Until the night he makes fun of a demon’s comb-over. Big mistake. What kind of demon wears a comb-over? The sensitive kind. The kind who’s not going to let an insult slide. A demon who’s going to take Charlie down. As in down to Hell. And he intends on dragging everyone Charlie cares about along for the ride.
 
 
Print Length: 168 pages
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Publication Date: March 15, 2016
 

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this novella.

Demon With A Comb-Over is a fast paced horror/comedy. Charlie Broadmoor is a fun and likeable character to follow. A stand-up comedian who is low on both cash and confidence due to the fact he's not very good at it. Divorced and down on his luck Charlie's life sucks. When he offends a customer at his show by making fun of his comb-over he has no idea how much worse his life is going to get. Kobal is a great villain. A demon with hair issues and an extremly bad attitude. This tale managed to both make me laugh out loud and cringe with horror as Charlie struggles to survive this pissed off demon with the help of his friend, Burgess and a pair of douchy angels. A super fun 4 star read.

 
Buy the Book

Amazon           Barnes & Noble           Samhain Publishing

About the Author
 
 
Don't be scared. Let me scare you. In a completely social, entertaining, writer-type way, of course.

I live in Kansas. It's a curse and a blessing. It's a curse because...well, it's Kansas. But it's great because Kansas is creepy. Lots of cool and strange things happen here in the midwest. I'll be writing about them in both young adult and adult thrillers.

"Tex, The Witch Boy" is my first novel and the first in a trilogy. It's a murder mystery, suspense, thriller, comedy, drama, paranormal mash-up. But really it's about high school bullying. There's a lot of autobiographical detail in the book but since I know the bullies on whom I've based my characters are incapable of reading, I can rest easy.

I'm married to a professor of pharmacy (who greatly appreciates that I now prepare dinner for her) and have a 20 year old daughter, who hasn't yet decided what to do with her life. But that's okay...it took me 25 years or longer.

You can find Stuart at:
http://stuartrwest.blogspot.com/ or at Facebook , Goodreads , and Twitter