Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Katerina by Erik Hofstatter [3.5 stars]



From the Description


Kamil, a thirty-something medieval weapons trader resides in the notorious Red Light District in Prague. Despite his hatred for prostitutes, he accepts an offer from Ginny - a local sex worker.

As their unusual friendship unfolds and Kamil witnesses several bizarre scenarios, he begins to suspect that Ginny might not be an ordinary prostitute...


I received a copy of this eBook in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this book.

When I was asked to review Katerina I was excited. I had read and reviewed The Pariahs and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting Katerina to be a similar story but what I got was something totally different. Katerina is well written, I enjoy Erik Hofstatter's concise style. The story was a bit odd, but in a way that made me want to know more. Why was Kamil following this bizarre girl? Why was Ginny's behavior so strange? I had to know! The ending was unexpected, which I usually like. This time it made me feel as if I had read a sample chapter of a longer work instead of a complete story. A fast and oddly fun 3.5 star read.

Buy the Book
 


About the Author



Erik Hofstatter is a schlock horror writer who dwells in a beauteous and serenading Garden of England, where he can be encountered consuming copious amounts of mead and tyrannizing local peasantry. His work appeared in various magazines and podcasts around the world such as Morpheus Tales, The Literary Hatchet, Sanitarium Magazine, Wicked Library, Tales to Terrify and Manor House Show. His second novella 'Rare Breeds' is due to be published in March 2016 by KnightWatch Press.