Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Leper Window by Frazer Lee [3.5 stars]



From the Description:

Do not gaze into its secrets.

Daniel Gates’s last assignment involving a rare demonic book left him plagued by hideous nightmares, which are about to get even worse. When a page is stolen from Choronzon’s Grimoire, Daniel is sent to the wilds of North Wales to retrieve it for his mysterious client. But the stolen page contains dark, occult secrets, and he finds to his peril that he is not the only one desperate to find it. Daniel’s journey takes him to the very brink of madness and to the demons that await—beyond the Leper Window.

I received an ARC of this novella in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this book.

The Leper Window is a mysterious thrill ride into the unknown. I really liked the feeling of this story. The descriptions gave it an atmosphere of dread and gloom as I followed Daniel Gates through the eerie country side. There wasn't a lot of overt horror but the creepiness factor of this story was high. My one complaint with this novella was the length. I found myself wanting to know more! A well written and spooky 3.5 star read.