Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Check-Out Time by Mark Rigney [4.5 stars]



From the Description:

At this hotel, check-out time never comes! All things must pass--or so we're told. When Reverend Renner responds to an invitation sent from a long-demolished hotel filled with ghosts of guests from times past, he soon discovers that checking out will be a lot harder than checking in. His sometime friend and investigative partner, Dale Quist, heads to the rescue, but it will take more than brawn and benedictions to put this particular hotel out of business. All things must pass, indeed-but that doesn't mean they have to go quietly.

I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this book.

Check-Out Time is the third and spookiest book in the Renner and Quist series so far. I can't get enough of this intrepid ghost hunting duo!! This book is darker than the previous two. I think the way Mark Rigney deals with some sensitive topics in this story is caring and realistic. It's not always 'PC' but quite frankly I thought it was dealt with honestly, the way it should be. I really enjoyed getting to know Renner and Quist better as well as some other memorable characters. Meryl, a character we first met in The Skates, is fantastic and I hope we get to see more of her in the future. I also really liked Angela and Gonzalo was a lot of fun. The Neil House may not have frightened me quite as much as The Overlook or Hill House, but it still has it's fair share of ghostly goodness. I love these stories and the next Renner and Quist adventure can't come soon enough! If you are in search of some spooky fun, you should give this 4.5 star read a try.