Translate

Monday, August 3, 2015

Q Island by Russell James [5 stars]



From the Description:

Epidemic!
An ancient virus has surfaced on Long Island, NY, turning its victims into black-veined, infectious, psychopathic killers. Chaos and madness rule.
In desperation, the military quarantines the island, trapping Melanie Bailey and her autistic son, Aiden. Somehow Aiden survives infection. He could be the key to a cure…if Melanie can get him to the mainland.
Gang leader Jimmy Wade also survives the virus, but he’s acquired a hunger for human flesh. Believing consuming Aiden will make him all-powerful, he and his gang hunt the boy. Melanie and Aiden must evade both Wade’s tightening grip and the growing army of the infected in an impossible escape from what all call Q Island.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this novel.

What a fabulous book! The story grabbed me right from the first page and led me to an apocalyptic world peopled by characters that I genuinely wanted to follow. I loved Melanie and her son Aiden, although there were times I wanted to smack her for the decisions she made that put her son in danger. Tamara and Eddie were my heroes throughout this book. The action was fast paced and well written. It never felt overdone as is the case in some apocalyptical fiction. Russell James is a fantastic story teller who has delivered a believable and engrossing look into the end of life as we know it. Do yourself a favor and grab this 5 star read before it's too late,,,