Translate

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Demiurge Blood Of The Innocent by Michael R. Hagan [4 stars]



From the Description:

The renowned archaeologist, James McKenzie, has uncovered many prophecies, each with a mysterious symbol accompanying their inscription. Now, edifices of this symbol are reappearing, not engraved in aged rock, but painted in blood above the victims of a serial killer, and the fanatical cult he serves. Detective Hassom is charged with the task of making sense of this slaughter and capturing the perpetrators.

Corruption, collusion and the discovery that Lucas, a strangely gifted eight year old orphan, is the primary target of the murderous cult force Detective Hassom and Professor McKenzie to work together to solve the murders. In their efforts to protect Lucas and reveal the ultimate goal of the cult leader and how this relates to the final, revelatory prophecy discovered in Iran, they unearth a truth, more terrible than anything they could have feared.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this novel.

Demiurge Blood Of The Innocent is not a light book it is however a good one. I had to give it all of my attention while I was reading it but I'm glad I did. Every time I thought I knew where the story was going something happened to take it in a different direction. The story moves from present day to ancient times telling the story of an entity that wants to bring about the end of mankind and the people who are trying to stop it. The action scenes were very well done and some were horrific. It reminded me of a cross between Indiana Jones and The Omen. The characters were realistic and complex. I loved both Hassom and McKenzie but my favorite was Jock. I could have a drink with him and hang out awhile. This isn't the book to read if you're looking for a light and fluffy bit of horror. But if you want a story you can sink your teeth into pick up this thought provoking 4 star read. You'll be glad you did.