Translate

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Beast Of Bradley Downs by Stephanie O'Hanlon [4.5 stars]


From the Description:

Can Beauty outrun the Beast?

Karoline Hale is on the run. After witnessing her boyfriend get killed she abandons everything she once knew for a new life consisting of bus tickets and hotel rooms, a duffel bag full of old clothes, and a shotgun.

She isn’t running from any ordinary killer. She is running from the Beast of Bradley Downs—a creature that kills without judgment and is hunting Karoline. She can only run for so long before she needs to gather her strength and face the Beast that howls under the wind, prowls the night, and cannot be killed by modern means.

I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this book.

A werewolf story with teeth!! The Beast Of Bradley Downs is a great read. I couldn't put it down! It combines some of my favorite legends with an action packed storyline for an exciting thrill ride. The characters are believable and it's easy to care about what happens to them. Karoline, the main character was especially easy for me because she reminded me of me in my teenage years. At one point I actually got mad at another character for treating her badly, which is a tribute to how lifelike Stephanie O'Hanlon's characters are. The Beast was relentless and terrifying. No emo monsters here. Only a few authors are providing monsters with teeth so this was a great thing in this reviewers opinion. The ending had a twist I didn't see coming. This is a fast paced and fun addition to the werewolf genre. This is Stephanie O'Hanlon's first horror novel, I hope it's not her last! If you love werewolf novels as much as I do you're going to want to grab this 4.5 star read.