Translate

Monday, May 25, 2015

Spore by Tamara Jones [4 stars]



From the Description:

The dead are coming back. Ten naked people walk from a cemetery into artist Sean Casey's backyard: ten Spore People who used to be dead. One, Mindy, stays with Sean while trying to reclaim her life, but her ex would rather she return to her grave. Sean struggles to protect Mindy and other Spores while battling his recurring-and worsening-nightmares. Meanwhile, the media feeds a panicked frenzy that leads both the hopeful and hateful to Sean's front door. As the Spore fungus spreads, so does the fear. When mutilated children match Sean's nightmares, he realizes his own worst terror may be closer than he thinks.

I received an ARC of this eBook in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this novel.

Spore is a fast paced story that will have you glued to the pages. Some of the subject matter in Spore is very dark and disturbing so I can't say it was a fun read but it was a very good one. The characters were very believable and realistic. I couldn't wait to find out what was happening with Sean, Mare, and Mindy. Parts of this story made me feel both anger and sadness, and others made me laugh. This was my first book by Tamara Jones but it won't be my last, I can't wait to see what she does next! A solid 4 star read.