Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Skintaker by Frazer Lee [5 stars]


From the Description:

You have what he wants!

Reclusive nineteen-year-old Rosie Shields hopes for a new lease of life that will free her from the stigma of her debilitating skin condition. Making a pilgrimage to the Amazon rainforest, Rosie experiences a new world beyond her wildest dreams among the mysterious Myahueneca tribe. But Rosie’s dreams soon turn to nightmares when she embarks on a ritual vision quest that takes her to the very heart of darkness. Trapped between murderous hunters and raging forest fires, Rosie will be thrust into a fight for survival, a struggle that awakens an ancient evil stirring in the shadows…the demonic deity known as The Skintaker.

I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion of this book.

I loved this book!! Filled with fabulous descriptions and fully formed characters I devoured The Skintaker in one sitting. Set at the turn of the century, Rosie is a timid young woman trying to figure out her place in the world. Afflicted with a skin condition that makes fitting in with society hard until her missionary Uncle takes the family to South America were she is revered by the local tribe, and their God/bogeyman, because of it. This leads to some pulse-pounding action and terror. At times I felt as if I was right there beside Rosie and Nimbo, running for their lives through the burning rainforest. I didn't want the adventure to end! This was my first novel by Frazer Lee but it definitely won't be my last! If you're looking for a great read, grab this 5 star book and hold on for the ride.