Translate

Monday, April 13, 2015

Abram's Bridge by Glenn Rolfe [5 stars]


From the Description:

There is a darkness in this town, and it’s buried beneath Abram’s Bridge.

When Lil Ron meets Sweet Kate under Abram’s Bridge he is mesmerized. And when he realizes this beautiful girl is a ghost, it frightens him, but also draws him to her. Curiosity and a drive to make things right lead Lil Ron into a tangle of small-town secrets involving his own father and other members of this otherwise quiet community. Bit by bit, he will uncover the truth about Sweet Kate, a story of heartbreak, violence…and fear.

When I sat down to start Abram's Bridge I thought that I would just read a few pages before I got started on the other things I needed to do. I didn't put it down again until I had finished this excellent ghost story. Only an author who really knows their stuff can paint such a compelling picture with words, and Glenn Rolfe knows his stuff. Reading a book this well written transports you to another place and makes the characters seem like people you know and care about. Lil' Ron and Sweet Kate's story touched my heart with sorrow in some places and made it race with fear in others. Another great 5 star read from Glenn Rolfe. I can't wait for his next one!!