Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Purgatory Behind These Eyes by Doug Rinaldi [4 stars]

 
From the Description:

Inspired by the perversity of human nature and the darkness that dwells within us all, this collection of work by horror author Doug Rinaldi is a reminder that not everything is as it seems. Purgatory Behind These Eyes' imaginative diversity will pull you tightly into the depths of hopelessness while challenging your vision of reality, making the improbable and impossible become truth

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way reflected in my opinion.

Purgatory Behind These Eyes is a short story/dark poetry collection. Most of the stories in this book were really good. Then there were the others,,,, pure brilliance! My favorite story was Winter's Thaw which is a look at one of the scariest (to me) Native American legends around. It had me hooked from the first sentence! Annual Seed made me cackle at the dark delights to be found in competitive gardening. Blood In, Blood Out is a throwback to the old school horror that made me love this genre in the first place. My favorite poem in the collection was From Soiled Heart To Infected Tongue, what can I say, it just spoke to me. A fabulously twisted 4 star read.