Translate

Friday, March 20, 2015

Lycan Tribe: The Punishment by Rhue P. McDonough [3.5 stars]


From the Description:


Kaitlin O'Keeffe was living a near perfect life at her desert ranch with a wonderful cowboy who shared her love of horses and rodeo. She thought it would last forever. And it would have, except an evil to terrifying to speak of, rose up from her past..
They all think she's crazy...maybe she is. Can her psychiatrist pull her through? Or will the Irish priest be her champion Who will stand by her to the end?  Fear is a luxury she can't afford!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of the story.

I started this short novel expecting a werewolf story. That isn't what I got. Lycan Tribe is a psychological horror story that may have paranormal causes. The story is well written but I felt very disconnected from most of the characters. I think that this may be because of Kait's reaction to the actions of both Stan and Dr. Rhodes. The horror aspects of the story were very well done. They gave the story a claustrophobic feel that worked really well with Kait's storyline. Despite my disconnection from the characters I found Rhue P. McDonough's story to be an interesting read. A solid 3.5 star read.