Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Slush by Glenn Rolfe [ 4 stars ]




From the Description:

A collection of shorts stories, flash fiction and micro works. Slush will include previously published stories "Skull of Snakes", "Jackie Boy", and "Sweet 16", alongside a fresh batch of terrifying stories to help you sleep at night.

This is Glenn Rolfe's first collection. His debut novel, The Haunted Halls, was published by James Ward Kirk Publishing in July of 2014.

I was sent this collection of twelve stories for review. It was my first time reading anything by Glenn Rolfe but it definitely won't be my last! Some of these stories are disturbing and some touch your heart, all are really good! I loved Skull Of Snakes. It reminded me of the kind of horror I grew up on in the 70's and 80's. Sort of Stand By Me mixed with Tales From The Crypt, great story. While others definitely made me shudder with the disturbed nature of the characters or grossness. Something Lost touched my heart and I'm In Here was a true nightmare. Do yourself a favor and read this book! A solid 4 star read.